[vdr] Cleanup of MainMenu (WAS: Re: VCD plugin: feature request)

On Samstag, 25. Januar 2003 18:31 Thomas Heiligenmann wrote:
> Good idea. Since I haven't implemented command line parameters and a
> setup menu yet, it will be a good point to start :-)

If you do that, could you please implement a "Hide Menu Entry" Setup Variable?
(Just return NULL in MainMenuAction if that is on)

With the vdrcd-plugin I wanted to clean up my Main Menu and have already made
patches for DVD (which is covered by vdrcd) and TVTV (which is unneeded if
you use auto-update).

Also I've patched the vdrcd-plugin to lookup the plugins by plugin names
instead of main menu entries, as this makes the above changes possible before
all.

I'll put those patches onto my homepage in the next few days. I've already
sent out the vdrcd-patch to the author, but I didn't get any response yet
(maybe picked the wrong email-address?)

I'd appreciate if especially you, Thomas (VCD) the DVD and TVTV developers
would give a statement. If the DVD/VCD/MP3-Developer is still avaiable, him
as well.

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt+