[vdr] PCI Latecy and OSD?

vdr 1.0.4 AIO, 2 full DVB-s with single irq for every card)

as i had problems with my 2 DVB-s cards (picture distorsion on card1 when recording on card2)
i tried to increase the pci latency from 32 to 64 and had so effect - only the impression that the typical OSD problem (lower quarter somtimes missing and wrong colors) increased
so i decresed the latency to 16 and had significant less OSD problems then with 32

can anyone confirm this behavior?

PS: my initial problem on recording is stil there - i thougt when watching a channel the data would he handled "inside" the dvb card - so how can the picture be distorted when a recording is running on card2