[vdr] Re: multiple connects to svdrp!?

Gregoire Favre wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 02:56:24PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > You'll have to implement it yourself, then. If I implement this - even
> > with a switch that says "Use at your own risk!" - I'm afraid I'll get all
> > the complaints if anything goes wrong (see my other posting about that).
>
> Well, if it's something to comment in the source, with a really clear
> statement, I don't see the problem ;-)

The problems start when two different clients try to, for instance,
manipulate the timers. Imagine the following:

- client 1 does LSTT and gets a list of 10 timers, numbered 1...10
- client 2 does the same and gets the same list
- client 1 deletes timer 5
- client 2 deletes timer 8 - OOPS! what used to be timer 8 would now be
  timer 7! So client 2 actually deletes the old timer 9!

> I could also modify xawtv to make it close the connection as soon as
> possible...

That would certainly be better.

Klaus