[vdr] Re: multiple connects to svdrp!?

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 03:09:47PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> The problems start when two different clients try to, for instance,
> manipulate the timers. Imagine the following:
>
> - client 1 does LSTT and gets a list of 10 timers, numbered 1...10
> - client 2 does the same and gets the same list
> - client 1 deletes timer 5
> - client 2 deletes timer 8 - OOPS! what used to be timer 8 would now be
>   timer 7! So client 2 actually deletes the old timer 9!

Well, I don't have more than ONE timer, and most of the time I don't
have any timer at all, so this case is only of theoretical interest for
me ;-)
Of course, it would be perfect if there were a "lock" on the timer
depending of the SVDRP connection...

> > I could also modify xawtv to make it close the connection as soon as
> > possible...
>
> That would certainly be better.

But, I use it a lot, and I would really dislike the loose of
responsivity that would result from the closing of the connection...

Thank you very much and have a great day ;-)

	Grégoire