[vdr] split: vdr-server & control unit w/ DVD

Hello!

IIRC some of you managed to have a vdr server relatively far away from
the tv so with long cables for av and serial IR.
How about a DVD-ROM? Has anybody managed to have a DVD-ROM 5 to 10 m
away from the rest of the LinuxVDR? As far as I know IDE cannot have
these length. Are there any IDE repeater? Or is the easiest way to use a
firewire connection?

I would find it perfect to have it like this:

Part one at the TV
Little case without power supply with
- DVD-ROM (long power cable & long IDE cable with repeater or firewire?)
- IR receiver (long serial cable)
- AV-Out (long av cable)
- Power On switch (long power cable)

Part 2 at the workspace (in my case it's near the TV) with
- Keyboard  (long PS/2 cable?)
- VGA (long VGA cable?)
- LAN (100BT Ethernet)

Part 3 in another room:
normal linuxVDR system without DVD-ROM, Keyboard, VGA

TMJ