[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: VDRremote 0.0.3

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:01:46 +0100, Steffen Koch
<Steffen.Koch@sphinx-electronics.de> wrote:

> VDRremote 0.0.3 is available at

Nice tool.

> - directly shows the grabbed images if specified and localpath was set
> - mode added to always grab an image on button press, to see whats going
> on onscreen

I assume that the Image is not transfered over the svdrp channel. To use
this feature from remote I must have direct file access to the location
where vdr stores the files. In my case this isn't really possible. I
tunnel the port 2001 through ssh into my home network.

It would be really nice if the SVDRP protocol could be extented to send
the image data through the channel. But for this there should be a
higher compression ratio be used. Currently the images are about 250 KB
large.

This would allow a really nice remote control for VDR which shows a new
image in regular intervals and/or on each key press.
The remote control of vdradmin would also be a candidat for this
extension.

Emil