[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: VDRremote 0.0.3

Emil Naepflein wrote:
VDRremote 0.0.3 is available at
Nice tool.
thanks

- directly shows the grabbed images if specified and localpath was set
- mode added to always grab an image on button press, to see whats going on onscreen
I assume that the Image is not transfered over the svdrp channel. To use
I guess you're right ;-))

this feature from remote I must have direct file access to the location
where vdr stores the files. In my case this isn't really possible. I
tunnel the port 2001 through ssh into my home network.
Sorry for that, but as you wrote, there's no way atm to transfer the image through svdrp. It would also be rather slow to squeeze a 250KB image though a "normal" remote line...

It would be really nice if the SVDRP protocol could be extented to send
the image data through the channel. But for this there should be a
higher compression ratio be used. Currently the images are about 250 KB
large.
svdrp has an option for grab to specify the size and the quality of an image. I use this tools only @home with an 1GB/s link, so no need to reduce quality. But if someone wants these options I can implement them.

Greets Steffen