[vdr] Re: [maybe OT]Re: split: vdr-server & control unit w/ DVD

On Monday 27 January 2003 19:32, you wrote:
> > Is USB enough for Playback of DVDs ? How long can USB be ?
> > -far cheaper
> > -another idea in my mind
>
> Maximum lentgh is 5m, but there are repeaters.
>
> Rene

My idea would be :
-  IR + LCD on one usb-line
- dvd on another line
- maybe a hup as repeater between them and the vdr-computer

But I didn't found something like the first point. So maybe a small machine as
remote-dvd , IR and LCD Server and the server over long a/v .

It seems I'm not at the end of my planning ;)

Currently my vdr is working on my normal and the TV next to my PC. The living
room is direct under my working room. I have 3 possible machines

- 200 Mhz k6-200 (noisy PSU)
- 500 Mhz Athlon (noisy PSU, ati rage 128 with tv-out)
- 1100 Mhz Duron (by far the quietest, but I don't want to miss it as working
station)

Maybe a discussion-list "htpc-networking" would be interesting ;)

--
Regards
Steffen