[vdr] Re: [maybe OT]Re: split: vdr-server & control unit w/ DVD

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steffen Barszus" <st_barszus@gmx.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 8:55 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: [maybe OT]Re: split: vdr-server & control unit w/ DVD

> - 200 Mhz k6-200 (noisy PSU)

Use it with a quiet DVD (e.g. PIONEER DVD-S106), passive CPU-cooler, quiet
PSU-cooler (e.g. VERAX), DXR3 and nfsroot-VDR or MPLAYER, LCD, IR (if I
remind well, LIRC-commands can be mapped through TCP/IP to another machine
running LIRC, too).

> - 500 Mhz Athlon (noisy PSU, ati rage 128 with tv-out)

VDR-server, some DVB-X-budgets, harddisks, gigabit ethernet to living-room
client, stream-plugin.

> - 1100 Mhz Duron (by far the quietest, but I don't want to miss it as
working
> station)

Do some MPEG conversions ...

Rene