[vdr] Re: Requirements for MP3-Plugin

> > On 29 Jan 2003 "Oliver Friedrich" <oliver@familie-friedrich.de> wrote:
> >
> > > No, i can't see any entries in the list.
> >
> > Bad. No wonder you don't get a playlist.
> >
> > While seeing the empty list, go to a shell an type "ls -l
> > /mnt/cdrom". Anything?
>

> To test this, i must open the box... i have no keyboard and no screen
> connected :)
> Will do this in a few minutes...

Ok, done...
The device is mounted and with 'ls -l /mnt/cdrom' i can see some directories
on the cdrom. That's normal for my mp3 cdroms, that i have all stuff in
subdirectories and nothing else in the root dir.

But perhaps i have found another source for errors:
I'm using ttylinux on the dvb box. This is based on busybox, a small toolset
collection in a compact binary. All normal commands of a linux system are
realised via symlinks to this binary. To keep it small, the commands have
only a few parameters.

This are for 'find':

-follow
-type X
-name PATTERN
-print
-perm PERMS
-mtime TIME
-newer FILE

Is this enough for the mp3 plugin? Or must i use a full featured 'find' from
a normal distribution?

Another solution would be, to implement the functionality into the plugin
instead of using external binaries. So it would be more independant from the
underlying system ... but i don't know, how much work this would be...

Oliver