[vdr] AW: Re: AC3 over Soundcard (live and replay) (Was: AC3 5.1 - can someon

Hallo Werner,

> The tipp(s) can be found in
>
>     /usr/share/doc/packages/alsa/alsa-driver/CMIPCI.txt
>
> or
>
>     /usr/src/linux/Documentation/alsa/CMIPCI.txt

You are the best :)

Should had know that it was there ;)

With this Information and you mute.sh it was so easy :)
I just connected the J2-pin4 to the J1 (CD-ROM) on the extra slot-card (with
Optical spdif) started alsamixer and set it up like I thought it should be
(after reading CMIPCI.txt) and started "mute.sh on"
And that was it - sound was comming over the SPDIF :))

Thanks a lot :))

btw. I noticed that mute.sh it is not needed !? (but you sure now that)
ac3play and bitstreamout "takes over" the SPDIF and sends their AC3 Sound.

Did some more testing and found some recordings that did not play with
bitstreamout. Actually VDR crashed (or exited) when playing these.

I then tried AC3overDVB 0.1.0 and 0.1.1 and found that in 0.1.0 with exactly
the same recordings (where bitstream crashed) I get the "stacatto" (is that
correct spelled !?) sound. With 0.1.1 I get a clear sound and no
"stacatto's" :))

So maybee you should ask Stefan what problems he found here (and changed in
0.1.1) :

> On 25 Jan 2003 "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner@freenet.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> after some deep tests, I can reproduce the effects you describe
> (at least partly). And I think it can be fixed.
> Stay tuned ...

Greetings Christian