[vdr] Re: AW: Re: AC3 over Soundcard (live and replay) (Was: AC3 5.1 - can someon

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 11:57:31AM +0100, Christian Jacobsen wrote:
> Thanks a lot :))
>
> btw. I noticed that mute.sh it is not needed !? (but you sure now that)
> ac3play and bitstreamout "takes over" the SPDIF and sends their AC3 Sound.

I'm using at home PCM from the DVB card and to be able to mute with
the Mute button, I use

        vdr -P 'bitstreamout -m /usr/lib/vdr/mute.sh'

> Did some more testing and found some recordings that did not play with
> bitstreamout. Actually VDR crashed (or exited) when playing these.
>
> I then tried AC3overDVB 0.1.0 and 0.1.1 and found that in 0.1.0 with exactly
> the same recordings (where bitstream crashed) I get the "stacatto" (is that
> correct spelled !?) sound. With 0.1.1 I get a clear sound and no
> "stacatto's" :))

Can you give me an URL with a short sample?

> So maybee you should ask Stefan what problems he found here (and changed in
> 0.1.1) :

@Stefan:  What was the problem with such streams?

        Werner