[vdr] Re: Using VDR with UK digital terrestrial (problems and observations)

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 04:04:26PM +0000, Simeon Walker wrote:

>  ? Some channels share the same 'frequency'. For example, BBC 3 and
> 4 become the childrens channels during the day. Is it possible to
> enter them both into the channels.conf?

I thought they just had different PIDs, but broadcast at different times
- I didn't realise they shared the same PIDs....

>  ? When starting recording a program for which there is no EPG info
> the VDR interface blocks for a few seconds. If you're not looking
> at the syslog you might wonder what is happening. It would be nice
> for a message to pop-up whilst this is happening.

There's a note about this in the Dxr3 plugin README I think - in the
/video/setup.conf, change EPGTimeout to zero.

> is a 4:3 picture inside the active part of a letter-boxed area
> which is itself inside the standard 4:3 frame. Does anyone else
> see this?

Yes, I get this too :)

>  ? The volume and mute controls are having no effect. Is this
> just the current state of the DXR3 plugin?

The Dxr3 audio output has no mixer, so it is not possible to change the
state of the audio output without actually processing the volume level
of the audio in software.

I doubt this is a high priority on the TODO list of the Dxr3-plugin
coders list :)

gdh