[vdr] Re: Using VDR with UK digital terrestrial (problems and observations)

On Saturday 01 February 2003 4:17 pm, you wrote:

> Get a widescreen TV :p

Oh yeh, a great solution when the actual broadcast aspect *IS* 4:3, yet it's
being shown as 4:3 inside 16:9 .. nothing more than a software glitch. I have
no problem with letterboxing for true 16:9 material.

Besides that, a widescreen TV isn't a cure-all, given the number of films
shown in 2.35:1.

> While I have your attention here on the list -- can both of you actually
> tune to BBC2 and BBC News 24 with vdr 1.1.22 (or anything newer than 1.1.13
> with newstruct)? It keeps b0rking up here and I have to change the channel
> time and again until it eventually works. Are you both using dxr3s rather
> than dvb-s for output?

Yes I'm using a dxr3 - buying a massively-overpriced DVB-S just to make use
of an mpeg2 decoder is lunacy...

However, I don't have a permanent aerial connection, nor much time at the
present, so haven't played with vdr seriously for ages.. in fact 1.1.13 +
newstruct was probably the last time I was able to successfully browse all
the channels.

gdh