[vdr] Re: Using VDR with UK digital terrestrial (problems and observations)

Hi,

could it be that it happens again (my wife talk about problems on recent
VOX and RTL recordings) ????

Greetings
Stefan

Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>
Sent by: kls@cadsoft.de
01.02.2003 20:43
Please respond to vdr

        To:     vdr@linuxtv.org
        cc:
        Subject:        [vdr] Re: Using VDR with UK digital terrestrial (problems and
observations)

Simeon Walker wrote:

>  · The search forward and backward functions don't work as expected
> with recordings from certain channels. With these recordings using
> the search function results in a mostly frozen picture with, perhaps,
> the occasional update. As far as I can see it is the recordings from
> channels using QAM-64 that are problematic, i.e. ITV1, ITV2, Channel
> 4 and Channel 5. It is fine with QAM-16 channels such as all the
> BBC channels and Sky News.

Sounds like the problem we're currently experiencing with the German RTL
channels as well. Apperenly some frames in their broadcast cause problems
in the driver/firmware.

Klaus

subject.