[vdr] Re: vdr Verhalten bei /video0 /video1 ...

> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:40:49 +0100,
> tobias.meyer-janson@sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de (Tobias Meyer-Janson)
> wrote:
>
> > > tobias.meyer-janson@sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de (Tobias Meyer-Janson)

> > > If you use vdr for playback/cutting/deletion
> >
> > Yes I do, but sometimes I want to rename a recording and do this
> > manually

> You only have to rename the primary directory.

Now I found that many of my recordings of the last days got lost. I
think because of the links, vdr overwrites old recordings sometimes with
new ones if one has changed the name on the primary disk. E. g.:

recording
    ../test = /video0/test & /video1/test
cutting something of it to
    ../%test = /video0/%test & /video1/%test
renaming %test on the primary device to test2
    ../test2 = /video0/test2 & /video1/%test
all works fine so far.
cutting some other parts of test results in
    ../%test = /video0/%test & /video1/%test
At this time I think the /video1-part of test2 got lost.

So I have to ask again: How can I rename and move files if I use vdr
with multiple disks, so that all works normally as expected?
Is there no source for this information where anybody can point me to?
Is there nobody using a similar configuration?

I sorry if my voice sounds irritating;  the continuing problems and loss
of data get on my nerves.

TMJ