[vdr] Re: vdr Verhalten bei /video0 /video1 ...

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 15:47:42 +0100,
tobias.meyer-janson@sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de (Tobias Meyer-Janson)
wrote:

> > You only have to rename the primary directory.
>
> Now I found that many of my recordings of the last days got lost. I
> think because of the links, vdr overwrites old recordings sometimes with
> new ones if one has changed the name on the primary disk. E. g.:
>
> recording
>     ../test = /video0/test & /video1/test
> cutting something of it to
>     ../%test = /video0/%test & /video1/%test
> renaming %test on the primary device to test2
>     ../test2 = /video0/test2 & /video1/%test
> all works fine so far.
> cutting some other parts of test results in
>     ../%test = /video0/%test & /video1/%test
> At this time I think the /video1-part of test2 got lost.

What did you expect when you do such strange things?

> So I have to ask again: How can I rename and move files if I use vdr
> with multiple disks, so that all works normally as expected?
> Is there no source for this information where anybody can point me to?
> Is there nobody using a similar configuration?

There are probably a lot of people with a similar configuration, but
they do not such strange things.

In your case you have to rename both the primary and the secondary
directories and recreate the symbolic links for the ???.vdr files in the
primary.

Emil