[vdr] VDR developer version 1.1.23

VDR developer version 1.1.23 is now available at

    ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/vdr-1.1.23.tar.bz2

The changes since version 1.1.22:

- Fixed a new/delete malloc/free mismatch in ringbuffer.c (thanks to Stefan
  Huelswitt for reporting this one).
- Improved CAM handling.

This version requires the experimental DVB driver from

  ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/linux-dvb.2003-02-02-ci-ll.tar.bz2

which is the CVS 'HEAD' version from 2003-02-02 with a new, experimental
firmware that allows the application to connect to the CAM through the
"Link Layer" protocol (see my separate posting regarding this), as well as
a small fix to DVB/driver/av7110/av7110.c (as posted on the linux-dvb ML).

The change log above may not sound like much, but I spent a lot of work
on debugging the CAM handling, and I would hope that in this version some
more CAMs should work. Please take a look at the file

  ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/cams.txt

and test the CAM support according to the instructions given there. Please
send me the results of your tests, formatted in the same way as the existing
entries in 'cams.txt', so that I can keep the list up-to-date.

There have been several patches and fixes suggested on the VDR mailing list
lately, but since I have spent all my free time on the CAM problem I haven't
had any time left to look into these. I will do so later...

For the moment I'm hoping to hear some success stories from CAM users ;-)

Have fun!

Klaus Schmidinger