[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.23 Viaccess old

Hi Klaus,

> > FULLY WORKING !!! Yes, AT LAST Yippee!
> Well done!

Thanks ! Took me a while to get it working, but I
just couldn't let loose ;o))

Turned out that my blocky picture problems from
yesterday where due to 3 cm of snow (juck!) covering
both of my dishes completly, which degraded the
signal so far that reception just wasn't possible.

> I changed these two functions as suggested and my
>two CAMs still work.

Good!

> Apparently the problem is in the timing of the initial
> creation of the connection.

Yes, it seems that way. Seems like some CAMS are
a little sharp on when & how they establish connection.
I ended up watching the state of the cam at startup. My
MM will instantly switch from state=1 to state =2,
whereas my Alpha needs a little "Startpilot" ;o))

> I'll probably need to give this some more thought,
> since the way you do it now appears a little odd,
> but at least we now have a working solution.

;o)) I hope it works for other CAM owners, too.

> So am I understanding this correctly that all three of
> your CAMs did _not_ decrypt in VDR 1.1.22 and
> _do_ decrypt in 1.1.23? That would be a great
> improvement :-)

In 1.1.22 ONLY the MM with 1.09 worked. The Alpha
didn't work (except that I could enter the menu with
the changes you made in the later downloadable ci.c
(first revs didn't work)

In the 1.1.23 ALL CAMS that I have (MM, Alpha 1.0,
Alpha 1.10) work perfectly. That means:

- they decrypt
- you can enter the menus, change values.
- Startup is fine with or w/o a card inserted.
-  Removing the card allows both CAMS to display
   their message "please insert card"
- Decryption startup (i.e from startup of VDR to
  actual picture) is very fast. Maybe even a tick
  faster than my commercial box.

So, all in all, CAM stuff is working just great, yes.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.