[vdr] Re: Streaming-Plugin Windows client for unicast

Hey :) It actually works!

vdr -> stream -> multicast -> windows mediaplayer :) Perfect!

First download http://www.moonlight.co.il/download/UDP.zip

Extract the zip and install the UDP net player on windows.
Add the multicast route on the vdr box if you haven't:
route add -net 224.0.1.2 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eth0
Start vdr -Pstream
Start the streaming plugin on the vdr box (use Multicast)

Then on windows Open URL: moonlight://224.0.1.2:5002/rtp

Then after some buffering you have live tv :)

The bandwidth required is about 6 mbit and it uses less than 50% CPU on my
Athlon 1900+. CPU usage on the vdr box is almost nothing.

But how can I change channels within the transponder ? And how does it
handle encrypted channels?

Sascha Volkenandt sa:

--
Mvh. Are Årseth