[vdr] Re: Cutting problems?

> >I can understand that ds.jar detects the cuts by the jumps in the
> >timecode, but what I do not understand is that it has to insert audio
> >frames at the cuts for several hundred milliseconds to maintain A/V
sync.

> >If I replay the resulting DVD image file with mplayer, I can notice
the
> >short pauses in the audio at the cuts, but the video distortions are
gone.

> >It seems to me as if video and audio are cutted at different times
and
> >some audio is "lost" at the cuts.
> >Has anybody seen these effects too?
> This is correct... Since audio is early (smaller buffer reqd.) around
> 200 - 400 ms and vdr is writing them together and not time corrected
> the hdd, audio is early too in the file. VDR is then using the video
> pts as reference for cutting.

As far as I remember there is an option in DS.JAR to extract RAW-MP2 or
RAW-AC3 from the uncut file.
If you do this first, then cut the file and then sync the cut file with
the RAW-MP2 or RAW-AC3, there should be no gaps at all.

Unfortunatly, I can´t tell for sure if it already works like this with
VDR files. I just checked this some time ago with PVA and RAW-AC3 files
from windows and there it worked without any problems.

Jörg