[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: bitstreamout-0.42j (Was: AC3 over Soundcard(live and replay))

Hello,

just bought now a soundcard ;-)

Do you have an easy way to test the 5.1 (without the plugin: with the plugin,
I don't hear anything at all...)?

I have a Digifire 7.1 from Guillemot:
http://www.logicosoftware.ch/fr/hardware/detail.asp?id=64

And also a Thrustmaster Sound System 5.1
http://www.logicosoftware.ch/marketing/content/thrustmaster/multi/sound/index.asp

That are connected with SPDIF.

I am running kernel 2.5.59 with ALSA compiled in.

I am able to hear in stereo sound I can play with aplay through the
SPDIF, and through the analog one, I could also hear from cd.

I have tried to play DVD with mplayer to get 6 channels, but I got
errors messages when I try alsa9, such that I fall back to oss, but I
can't hear any sound at all???

When I plug my 5.1 to my standalone DVD player, I have two choice:

        * SPDIF/RAW
        * SPDIF/PCM

And if I choose SPDIF/PCM I can't hear any noise, but SPDIF/RAW works
perfectly.

Is there such an option in ALSA?

Is there a way to hear the sound that came from the CD1,CD2 and aux with
the SPDIF?

Thank you very much, have a great day !

	Grégoire