[vdr] Re: VDR 1.1.20 with DVB driver 01042002 ?

Hi again,

> > Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
> > > Hi Tilo,

> > > Sure. The 1.1.20 doesn't have the LL implemented, so
> > > it should work. As for .21-.23--> No chance w/o
> > > changing everything that the LL Implant brought with it.
> >
> > As long as no CAM is used this should still work.
>
> The question was whether it is possible to use the old
> *API-1* drivers.
> IIRC, support of these drivers was dropped in vdr 1.1.15.
> vdr >=1.1.15 requires driver version 2002-11-01 or later.
>
> @Tilo:
> Although it is not possible to use the old driver, the old
> firmware can
> be used with the new driver.

I switched back to 1.0.4 because recordings of FTA channels have
corrupted frames to that you can see artifacts when watching.
Also when transcoding with mencoder, mencoder stops working because
of illegal streams. Even PVAstrumento recognices this bad frames.

I have read about this several times in different boards, but no one
has a solution for this. So I thought I try it with that "old" but
definitly working driver.

Tilo