[vdr] Re: Read/Write Simulatneously

Christian Pesch wrote:

Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> Alexis Guerin wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm interested in using your vdr software but i have a question about
>> it:
>> Is it possible with vdr to record and play at the same time (e.g : a
>

> yes (developer version)
> this is called time shifting

The 1.0.4 is able to do this, too. You need at least
two DVB-cards. (With the developer versions, you need
2 cards, too, if you want to watch a channel, that is
on a different transponder(?) than the channel, that
is recorded.)

he wrote:

record and play at the same time (e.g : a phone
call occurs during my favourite movie, so i start to record, and i want 15 mn
later to come back to the film at the point where i left it and continue to
record until the end).

this is NOT watching another channel or a trasponder thing...

and, yes, vdr104 is able to do this with 2DVB cards, however I don't think he already owns two cards.

bye
as

--

How to build a lirc receiver