[vdr] nvram-wakeup: service start up hangs

Hi,

I was playing around with nvram-wakeup. Reading and writing the BIOS
seemed to work ok (tried it both ways about five times). The PC also wakes
up at the right time.

The problem is that the linux boot sequence hangs when the OS is starting
services. The offending service is accessing the HW clock. I think it was
setting the system time from the HW clock (the other way around would seem
silly). The console is still active, i.e. I can type to the console with
my keyboard, but the boot sequence has stopped and I can't reboot the
machine with CTRL-ALT-DEL.

Has anyone stumbled into something like this before? Any ideas what to do?

 --
  Lauri