[vdr] Re: pre-announce: new streaming plugin

On Sonntag, 9. Februar 2003 23:09 Phil Wittwer wrote:

> Meanwhile, I'd suggest the following: Let the server do the work, and only
> stream mpeg data, including the menus, which are implemented as
> subpictures, IIRC. I believe Mplayer for example should be able to dump
> this stream right onto your TV or PC screen, and I think there are Windows
> Prorgrams available which can do the same.

I'll keep an eye on that, but I'd like to be independent from the original
VDR's menu. (Think of the situation where two clients order two different
channels at the same time - VDR only renders ONE OSD).
Maybe later on this will be included, so you can choose between original OSD
and an OSD generated by some client programs.

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt