[vdr] AW: Re: nvram-wakeup: service start up hangs

Hi,

the hwclock hangs on bootup, because its waits for clock-tick.
hwclock can't realy read the time from cmos.
call hwclock -r --debug on bash, you can see, the debug-messages.

i use an asus tuv4x-board. the poweroff and automatic restart works fine.
but hwclocks works only with option --directisa. i think, the nvram-wakeup
or the /dev/nvram writes to bad adresses

before i used the program nvram-weakeup, i could read from and write to
HWCLOCK without problems.
on manual-pages of hwclock you can read, the --directisa works only on
boards with isa-bus.
but this option seems work correct on only pci-boards like tuv4x.

two questions are open:
wye do this option work on pci board?
what make nvram-wakup wrong or wich bit in cmos block the clock-tick output
to /dev/nvram?

enjoy,

ralph

> .... just had another idea (this is from README of nvram-wakeup):
>
> >   NOTE: I found the following in the user's manual of the
> ASUS A7M266
> >   board
> (ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/HANDBUCH/Motherboard/Socket_
A/AMD_Chipset/a7m266-104.pdf)