[vdr] Re: Stromverbrauch

Hi,

thanks for your answers, now I'm nearly a bit confused ... :-)
The PC I mentioned was a rather cheap offer, so maybe they really saved
money in the ATX power supply. I already broke my mind with this
problem, and like now I always hear different opinions from different
people, so that I still must presume that the power supply can be the
cause. In my own VDR PC, there is also only a 250 Watt ATX and works
just fine.
Let me tell you some more experiences I made with the AMD PC: I
installed the DVB hardware and software on this PC for a fellow-student
at my home. From my own PC  - standing right beside his PC - , I knew
that the signal from my parabol antenna was fine. So I don't think that
a DECT telephone can be the cause of the picture dropouts. However, the
picture disappeared in irregular sequences (sometimes 5 sec, sometimes
several minutes), and the log then said: "video data stream broken".
Programs on Windows XP on the same machine showed a similar behaviour
(programs even crashed).
As I couldn't find out what the error was caused by, I brought the PC
back to him. Unfortunately he very seldom gets a picture at all! As his
signal cable is to the antenna is much longer than mine, I assume that
the PC cannot supply enough power to the DVB card, which therefore
cannot provide enough power for the LNB.
Do you think this is realistic (for me it's the most plausible
explanation...)?

Matthias