[vdr] Re: Stromverbrauch

Matthias Raus wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> >Run memtest86 on this machine (--> google).
> >Some AMDs have problems with slow memory chips.
>
> this is really interesting, because the error message I received in
> Windows had something to do with memory (i can't remember exactly). I
> installed SuSE 7.3 on this machine so memtest is included in the boot
> options. Do you really think this could be the cause of my problems?
> If this is true, what could I do to solve the problem??

memtest86 is a stand-alone program which is started from a floppy or
cdrom. As I don't have a SuSE system, I don't know whether your memtest
boot options have something to do with the program I mentioned.

Google for memtest86, it's the first link.
Prepare a floppy with memtest86 and run the tests for several hours.
If errors are detected I would try memory modules from another machine.
As long as memtest86 reports errors your machine will not work
reliable.

Oliver