[vdr] Re: AW: AW: Re: AW: Re: problem with mplayer.sh

Stephan Bieker wrote:

>> von Konrad Klösener

>> Divx runs a bit sticky because I've only a Duron 800 with 128M RAM.
>
> Divx runs sticky with a 1100 Celeron with 256 Megs too and on a XP2000+ with
> 512MB am also.
> In the meanwhile, i think, mplayer is always running a "little" sticky when
> playing divx over dvb. I tried really everything but it is not usable (just
> a little bit sticky is not nice too look) for me.

Hmm, as I don't have such a fast machine I can only say that I have no
problems viewing a divx movie downscaled to vcd format on my P3-550.
It should definitely work in full resolution on a XP2000+ I think.
Have you tried to limit the bitrate with -vop lavc=5000 or so?
I read reports of really fast machines that had problems with the PCI
bus bandwidth and needed to limit the bitrate to overcome this limitation.

Cheers,
Juri