[vdr] Re: mp3/mplayer and ash BUG or NOT BUG ???

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 12:49:51AM +0100, Philippe wrote:

> I'm using vdr 1.1.23 + mp3 0.7.10 plugin + mplayer-rc3.

vdr-1.2.20
mp3-0.7.9
MPlayer-0.90rc4

> Everything works fine under my debian but when I try to use it on a
> small distrib (using ash as shell) I've a big problem :
> If I start something under mplayer everything is ok but when I want to
> stop it the mplayer process is not killed.

I've the same problem here under MD9.0 after updating from MPlayer-0.90rc1
to rc4. When pressing the blue button from vdr to stop mplayer it hangs. I
can't kill vdr or mplayer and have to reboot. BUT i only have this problem
when mplayer and mp3 plugin working in slave mode (mplayer is patched with
same patch used with rc1).

> Perhaps it comes from ash but as I haven't enough free space, I can't
> check it with another shell.

I'am using bash under Mandrake. mplayer itselfs works fine (with
mplayer.sh006a) without vdr.

--
Und Tschüss.
Stefan

### Kilroy was here ###  4855  12:40pm  up 32 days