[vdr] Re: Network-integrated Multimedia Middleware (Saarland)

On Monday 17 February 2003 16:58, you wrote:
> Ran into an article on slashdot about an integrated multimedia solution
> for Linux - NMM - at the University of Saarland.
>
> The slashdot article was rubbish, but the University's site itself is
> definitely worth a read. Check out
> <http://graphics.cs.uni-sb.de/NMM/index.html>.
>
> A detailed description of an (the?) implementation of the project is
> available here:
>
> <http://graphics.cs.uni-sb.de/NMM/Status/MMBox/praticals/mmbox2002.pdf>
>
> In the most part, it seems pretty similar (and even based on) VDR. Major
> differences:
>
> - designed from the ground up to be modular and network-distributed.
> - Does video-out exclusively over a second video-card (and has very nice
> OSD as a result).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt

It needs:

- gcc 2.95
- old ost-dvb-driver

its a monster (8MB compressed source)

I never get it to compile. Seems to me like pre-alpha-software.

I understand the concept as very academic. The only TV-Out I found was Matrox,
no directfb, fbdev or something similar , that could be of use with a rage
128.

--
Regards
Steffen