[vdr] Re: RE : Re: mp3/mplayer and ash BUG or NOT BUG ???

On 15 Feb 2003 "Philippe" <philippe@accuitee.com> wrote:

> I checked with bash instead of ash and everything worked great. Don't
> understand why under ash VDR can't kill mplayer.
>
> If the mplayer/mp3 plugin maintener can have look at it, it would be
> great.

I think there isn't much I can do.

When the plugin starts mplayer.sh it gets the PID of the shell
process. The trick is to make the shell start mplayer in the same
process. Under bash this is done with "exec".

If ash starts mplayer in a seperate process, the plugin has no
way to get the PID of the actual mplayer process -> no killing.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan