[vdr] Re: DXR3 and multiple cards in one system

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 09:19:27AM +0200, Lauri Pesonen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed my DXR3 card next to my existing Nova-C and fullfeatured
> DVB-C (with a burned TV-out) cards. It seems to work really nicely, i.e. I
> can watch TV and recordings and the OSD works as expected. Very similar to
> the behaviour of the fullfeatured DVB card. Well done guys!
>
> The problem I did experience is that when I start a recording, watching
> live tv breaks down. That is, the video freezes once in a while and the
> audio crackles. Has anyone else experienced this? System load stays really
> low, so that can't be the problem...
>
> I just realized that I have the multiple-recordings-on-one-card feature
> turned on. I'll have to try it again tonight without that. Maybe VDR tried
> to use one single card for providing both streams (recorded stream and
> live stream to DXR3) and that didn't work...

Funny how VDR doesn't function properly when the discs aren't DMA enabled
:)

Another stupid user error: I installed a new VDR box with a brand new
Gentoo Linux and forgot to check that DMA was enabled. Of course it was
not, so disc performance sucked and things did not work properly.
Everything seems to be fine now.

--
  Lauri