[vdr] Plugin Manuals: To all Plugin makers

Hi Plugin makers,

One of the next mods on my list is to integrate an
on screen manual reader. This allows the user to
readup on how to install or use (i.e. button useage,
etc) the specific plugin.

What I would like to ask you is if the following idea
is okay:

When doing a make plugins, could you tell your plugin
to put the available readme into the following folder:

/usr/local/src/VDR/plugin/man/YourPluginManualHere

in order to keep the manuals unique, I would suggest
using a name convention like: PluginName.man.
For dvd this could be dvd.man (e.g.)

I would like to avoid having to browse all across the
harddisk, just to find some manuals (could be a problem,
too, for a beginning VDR user), which is why I think a
fixed place for readmes would be a good idea.

The text should be plain ASCII (NO HTML tags PLEASE)

If your plugin depends on another library AND this library
contains sonething worth reading, you would either need to
paste and copy this into your readme or at least make a note,
where to find the readme of this "secondary" library.

I WILL try to make the whole thing a la browser, still I think
it would be best to include all readmes into one folder for
quick & easy finding.

Tell me what you think of it.

Greetz,
Reinhard