[vdr] Re: xmame - vdr plugin

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 08:23:31PM +0100, Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
> > Currently it needs the old drivers and an outdated ffmpeg
> > and it still consumes too much cpu, doesn't scale nicely
> > and so on 8-(
> I have a AMP XP1600 ;o)), but okay, I see your point.
While developing the patches for the various emulators I used an
XP1600...but now I changed my vdr-box to a Duron 1Ghz and that's too slow
(even the XP1600 was too slow for a lot of mame-games)

> Will you (don't rememeber if this is already possible)
> add a ROM browser?
I always misused the mplayer-plugin for that (if extension is like .nes
start nes-emulator and so on).

> Tetris & TicTacToe also work with the RCU and playing
> Tetris with the RCU you can react quick enough (most
> of the time :o))
During my tests it was too slow and there were strange effects when
combined with joystick-support. (I used the RCU for savestate/savegame and
other events like that).
> I would go for an USB joystick or game pad, but to my
> knowledge their are no wireless joysticks on the market
> ;o))
There are wireless and infrared devices (I've seen such devices for the
playstation and I'll think I'll buy one. The playstation-gamepads work
really good under linux and they are cheaper than comparable usb-pads for
pc or x-box).

Bye,
Matthias
--