[vdr] Re: vdr with monitor (without tv)

Is fbtv similar to video? how can i use that?

I'm not very familiar with framebuffer device either. How can i use these devices. Do i have to recompile my kernel with framebuffer support.
I am running redhat 8.0 with original 2.4-18 kernel , and it doesn't seem to support framesupport.
(I have a /dev/fb0 file, but i tried fbset and got : open /dev/fb0: No such device).
fbtv is a part of the xawtv package. It takes /dev/video0 as input device and /dev/fb0 as output device. Works nicely here, uses the .xawtv config file which gives you the chance to control VDR over keyboard -> SVDRP.

Usually, ./configure, make, make install should be sufficient for a first view -- just go on and have a try...

Regards,
Dirk