[vdr] Re: OpenTV

> Has anyone ever done any work decoding OpenTV streams (used
> for EPG's etc), and thus converted this to a plugin for VDR to use?

AFAIK, OpenTV standard is "closed". We can't get specifications for it,
so it is basically reverse engineering. Same for MediaHighway.
Still, for MediaHighway, JC Repetto developped a small program to be
able to get EPG and put it in the epg.data (http://jrepetto.free.fr/). I
don't know if it still works, but was 1 year ago when I tried it.

Sure that EPG decoding for both standards included in a plugin will be a
major breakthrough for VDR users that have poor standard EPG support
from their broadcasters. Anybody? :)

The future will probably be MHP/Multimedia Home Plateform (www.mhp.orgh)
which proposes an opened standard. But I don't know if any broadcaster
uses it at the moment (some pilots in Finland).