[vdr] Re: problems with bitstreamout plugin

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 02:50:49PM +0100, Freddy Aßmann wrote:

> I installed the plugin bitstreamout, i dont get a signal on the digital out. I had tested the connection to the amplifier with the testfile "ac3dec -P test.ac3" and it works.
> I get following message on the vdr console if i switch to an channel with AC3:
> /ALSA lib pcm.hooks.c:527:(snd_pcm_hook_add_conf) symbol _snd_pcm_hook_ctl_elems_install is not defined inside (null)
> Also vdr crashes this time and restarts.
> My configuration:
> suse 8.0
> alsa 0.9.0rc6
> vdr1.1.25
> Terratec 512i (fm801)
> linux-dvb from 16.02.
> I have no idea what is wrong!
> Can anyone help me?

Hmmm ... have you ever read the file PROBLEMS?
IMHO you've not, have you ;^)

It is necessary to patch VDR (or switching between LiveView
and Replay will not work)  and you have the choise between
patching alsa lib _or_ change the line in VDR I've mentioned in
PROBLEMS.

        Werner