[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE:vdr-analogTV-0.0.1

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 10:19:17PM +0100, Andreas Kool wrote:
> I promise: Some day, you could use the MPEG-encoding-feature from anywhere
> in VDR (Maybe with the help of the upcoming PES->TS Plugin from
> Sascha Volkenandt - dont know yet ...(Sorry, Sascha ;-)))

what does you mean with "anywhere in vdr"? the norm-recordings are in allready
in mpeg format .. what do you want do with them? :-o

> But if you can't wait: Try it out, "mp1e" is unbelievably fast!
> 3% CPU load here while watching RTL from a Hauppauge WinTV with vdr ;-)

what has happend with the standard-problems of the bttv chip?

av delay (often variable), colors (ugly red), framedrops
system hardlocks, ... a neverending list, i think ;-)

hermann