[vdr] Re: Again: How many satellite cables needed?

Walter Schittek wrote:
> Bläser, Lars schrieb:
>
>  > afaik you missed one importent thing - all this is only
> valid for FTA
>  > programs
>
> Sorry, but what are FTA programs? I have SuSE Linux 8.1. Where in the
> internet can I find more information about time shift with
> only one DVB
> card?

FTA means "free to air". In other words not encrypted.

If you want to watch e.g. Premiere time shifted then you're going to
need two full-featured(with mpeg decoder) cards.

I doubt you will find any more "authorative" information somwhere on the
web rather than here in the list ;)

Ciao Ulrich