[vdr] Re: EPG cleanup at 5:00 crashes VDR

On 02 Apr 2003 "Christian Jacobsen" <christian.jacobsen@stageholding.de> wrote:

> VDR is doing an EPG cleanup at 5:00 in the night while doing that it crashes
> (or exits) and brings the well known "if you are responsible for EPG for
> this station ...." only that it lists all stations in the epg.data file !?

I experienced these crashes too. VDR may also crash after longer
runtime when switching to a channel with high EPG load (like
Pro7).

I reported this here long time ago. In the meantime I tried to
investigate the problem several times, but didn't found a clue.
I'm pretty sure that it's a buffer overflow in the si-parser, as
most of the time you get totaly corrupted pointers in the event
structures.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan