[vdr] VDR DVD make error

I'm trying to check if VDR is running well on a via epiam M9000 board.
VDR on it's own works perfectly but when adding DVD support then things
go wrong.

I started to isntall the siemens driver and VDR in the first place.
VDR dis work correctly.
Then i've rm -rf 'ed the VDR directory to follow the Linvdr.org
instructions
to add dvd support.

- installed a52dec : ok
- installed mad : ok
- installed libdvdcss : ok   (I have no illegal DVD's end have no
intention to use such)
- installed libdvdread : ok

But then:

Extracted VDR-1.0.4 : ok

zcat AIO : ok
zcat ELCHI : OK
I did not zcat origcolors since it's just a test.

Make REMOTE=LIRC VFAT=1 DVD=1 MP3=1 CB=1  : fails telling it can not
make it.
Am I missing something here?

Something else : is it really needed to combine version with version
so..ex...
vdr-1.0.4 with vdr-1.0.4-AIO or is ity possible to use a later VDR
version with an older AIO?