[vdr] EPG / tuning problem

Hello :)

To recap, I've built some software to extract the sky epg data from the single transponder that it's being broadcast on. The data format is 100% proprietary.

As a result. I need to write a plugin for VDR to (on demand) tune to a particular transponder and get the latest updates, decode them etc and put them into the regular epg structures.

I took a (very) quick look at the plugin spec but it didn't seem to offer the ability to re-tune etc. Maybe I missed the point.

The goal would be to create an OSD and data grabbing application with a little more flexibility that the existing mechanisms, and to gather/search the data as required etc.

Is this the first proprietary epg feed problem or have other projects faced similar problems?

Thanks in advance,

Steve