[vdr] Re: New Astra channels.

Matthias Mueller wrote:
Hi,

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 10:31:13PM +0200, Carsten Koch wrote:

There are a few interesting things to observe:

*  Some channels appear to change their PIDs often.
*  Some channels have up to 20 audio PIDs.
I made a new channels.conf based on the data available from lyngsat.com
and noticed something else. The SID isn't unique and that might break
epg2timers, perhaps epg2timers should be extended to use SID+TID+Source to
map Channels from tvtv.de to vdr-channels.
I am still waiting to see the first example of two
channels with different contents and the same service ID. ;-)

But: I agree, epg2timers should be changed to create the
vdr 1.1 timers.conf format and to recognize the vdr 1.1
channels.conf format. Currently, epg2timers still produces
the vdr 1.0 timers.conf format. Hopefully I'll have time
for that next weekend.

Carsten.