[vdr] DVB-T

Hello vdr,

  Our country (Latvia) is already broadcasting test programs in DVB-T
  format.

  According to the official site (http://www.dlrtc.lv/) they broadcast
  FREE-TO-AIR signal at 610 MHz (38 UHF channel) with COFDM modulation
  QAM 64 8K coding and 1/8 safe interval with something else 3/4.

  I have a couple of questions about DVB-T. Sorry if they might be an
  offtopic, but I don't know a place where people will know things
  better than here.

  First, my friend got a TV from UK: BUSH 6690D Digital On.
  It's used and it was imported from UK. It has serial port and 2
  slots - one is for cards, 2nd probably for extension. There's also
  serial port. We were surfing the net for one month but we don't have
  an idea what this tv is able to do since it's probably some kind of
  budget tv which was produced for some region. If anybody has a clue
  about using these slots or upgrading it's software/channels, please
  please contact me. We don't even have a clue how to catch these
  signals broadcasted in our area since last channel in digital mode
  is something like 32 :( Manuals, advices are welcome.

  2nd - I'm tired of analog capturing. I heard that test broadcasts
  have 4 government channels and since they have really awesome
  quality over analog cable they should have perfect quality over
  DVB-T. If anybody owns DVB-T PCI card or has some kind of solution
  using something external (anything like DVB-S receiver with
  harddrive?), please explain me. I'd like to watch TV on my PC and
  capture if it's possible. I have dxr2 card and I heard that it might
  help.

  Thanks.

--
Lynx,