[vdr] Re: A/V sync problems with new drivers

Hi Oliver,

Sorry for the delayed response.

> > copy for those that don't read the DVB-ML:
> IMHO the entire thread is very interesting.

Yes, but I couldn't copy all that here ;o))

> For me the practical consequences are more important:
> [1]
> There is no quick and clean[tm] fix for PCR != video pid.
> (Well, I was aware of that when I patched the driver.)

I wish I had more time ;o)) but VDR is already eating most
of it, so I just can't possibly start working on the DVB driver,
in addition. You may wish to have a look at the page 56-59
and pg 94 of the AV711x.pdf from TI (page numbers are
from the revision 3.1). Maybe you that will give you an
additional idea where you could further tweak the DVB
driver.

> [2]
> Changing the recording format is not desirable, as we we don't want to
> lose our old recordings. If I understood that thread correcty, PCR ist
> *required* for live-view and not really necessary for recording/replay.
> Otherwise the av7110 would not be able to play current recordings...

Yes, that is true. I wasn't suggesting that Klaus  should change that (he
wouldn't do it anyway ;o)) What "bothered" me somewhat was that this
(the copied message) was in contradiction to what Ralph Metzler
wrote a bit before (same day, I think one hour or so earlier).

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.