[vdr] Re: vdr cuts recordings with ugly artifacts at cutting-points

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 11:48:24AM +0000, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> On 16 Apr 2003 "Dr. Werner Fink" <werner@suse.de> wrote:
>
> > Last night I've cutted a few films.  Hey it works, beside the audio
> > problem, nearly perfect. No artifacts at the cutting points
> > anymore.  It is possible to remove a commercial and put a film
> > sequence together and you don't see it ... sometime audio from
> > the commercial survive the cutting mark.
>
> Is the audio from before the cutOut mark or from after the cutIn
> mark?
>
> For the second case there is a pretty simple solution.

Hmmm ... I'd say its from after the cutIn.
In other words it seems that it looks or better hears like

                          commercial
 video  ----------------%************%-----------------
 audio  ----------------%--|*********%**|--------------
                        ^            ^
                      cutOut       cutIn

and after cutting

 video  ----------------%%-----------------
 audio  ----------------%%**|--------------

In other words the PTS of audio/dolby between two I-frames
seems to less than that of the video frames:

                                       ^^^^
                                   A/V PTS offset

And indeed this seems to be the right assumption as xlist shows me.
The PTS of the single video frames jumps for and back between two
I-frames ...  nevertheless the PTS of audio/dolby are less than
all PTS of any video frame, for all what I've seen currently.
Maybe to is not valid for all channels all the time.

          Werner