[vdr] Re: source oddity

Lauri Tischler wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Lauri Tischler wrote:
> >
> >>On OSD it tells me that my channel has
> >>source of 'S5.0E Sirius 2/3'
> >>Now, nowhere I have satellite definition as 'S5.0E'
> >>I only have definition as 'S5E'
> >>There is no 'S5.0E' anywhere in configfiles
> >>Where does it come from, or is vdr trying to be
> >>clever and show 'S5E' as 'S5.0E'
> >

> > That's exactly what's happening in cSource::ToString().
>
> I'm confused, the sources.conf definately says 'S5E',
> I'm bloody sure that I :
> - shut off vdr
> - manually edited all 'S5.0E' to 'S5E' in channels.conf
> - started vdr
> Now it's 'S5.0E' in channels.conf again.
>
> What shoud I use in diseqc.conf then, the 'S5E' which
> is in sources.conf or auto-modified 'S5.0E' in channels.conf
>
> I think that an entry in sources.conf _must_ be authoritative.
> That form should be used everywhere, without exeptions.
>
> Should entries in sources.conf then be redefined as real's
> with one decimal, instead of integer, or string representation
> of that.

It shouldn't matter how you write the string. S5E is exactly the
same as S5.0E, because internally, when it comes to comparing
the codes, VDR works only with integer representations of the
strings. So, just like the numbers 5 and 5.0 represent the same
value, S5E and S5.0E represent the same source. The decimal point
followed by a zero is simply optional.

If you don't want trailing zeros you could check for that in cSource::ToString()
and use two different snprintf() formats. Personally I prefer to have only one.

BTW: is there an actual problem occuring with this?

Klaus