[vdr] Multiple Card Setup Problem

Hi Klaus, all,

As stated in another posting, I now have a second
(& third) DVB card here.

My setup:
Primary DVB: card 1 (Rev 1.3 & no CI)
Secondary card 2: Rev 1.6 + CI

CICAM:
Card 1:
FTA
FTA

Card 2:
Premiere World
Premiere World

Now here is what I *don't* like:

If I start the first recording, VDR decides to use the secondary
card. If I now add (or rather try) a second recording which is
*not* FTA. VDR whines that the channel is locked. Of course
this is true because VDR uses the secondary interface to record
the FTA channel and blocks itself from recording the crypted
movie.

Wouldn't it be wiser to check which DVB card has the CAM
attached and use *this* card for encrypted recordings and
the other one for FTA? I.e. VDR should check if recording
#1 is FTA, if so, then record on the card(s) w/o CI. If it's an
encrypted channel it should use DVB #2 (in my case). If
you then add a second recording it should check if it is
possible to record this on the first DVB. If it is either
encrypted or cannot be recorded (due to channel settings)
only then should VDR record it on the DVB#2 (again for
my setup). If it *is* possible to add this recording to the
"FTA" card, it should do so  However, VDR should *not*
use the second DVB card, just because it happens to be
free. Otherwise you won't be able to record an FTA
channel first and later add a secondary, encrypted,
channel. I did play around with the priority setting (as I
was hoping this would do the trick), but it didn't help.
Or am I missing something (like RTFM ;o))

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.